How can I get the most out of my data?
It’s easy to use a lot of data without realizing it. These tips and tricks will help you maximize your data, whether you’re on Pulse or Refuel.
- Many cloud services that you use for things like photo and file backup will auto-sync (backing up your whole photo library uses lots of data), so keep your eye out for any programs or apps that are syncing large amounts of data when you’re using Karma. Examples are Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive.
- Operating system updates use a lot of data. Be aware of when you are updating your operating system with Karma.
- Turn off auto updates for software on your computer, as well as for apps on your smartphones and tablets.
- Most web browsers have the option to turn off videos that autoplay when you visit a website.
- Watch Netflix in standard definition (SD) versus high definition (HD).
- Using an ad blocker will keep websites from loading ads with video or images
Last updated February 17, 2016