Safety and Use
KARMA GO MiFi MXL-655
FCC ID P46-MXL655 UPC 857320003729
SAFETY AND USE
Please read before proceeding
THE BATTERY IS NOT FULLY CHARGED WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT OF THE PACKAGING. DO NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY PACK. YOUR WARRANTY IS INVALIDATED IF YOU DISASSEMBLE OR ATTEMPT TO DISASSEMBLE THE DEVICE.
ANY WEATHER, STOCK, OR OTHER INFORMATION, DATA, OR DOCUMENTATION (“ACCESSED INFORMATION”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR ANY TECHNICAL SUPPORT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, KARMA MOBILITY AND ITS AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, RELATED TO THE ACCESSED INFORMATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON- INFRINGEMENT, QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, EFFECTIVENESS, RELIABILITY, OR USEFULNESS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IT IS FURTHER UNDERSTOOD THAT KARMA MOBILITY AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USE OF THE ACCESSED INFORMATION OR THE RESULTS ARISING FROM SUCH USE AND THAT YOU USE SUCH INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of damages
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL KARMA MOBILITY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU, ANY USER, OR THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INJURY, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA, AND/OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY THEREOF OR WHETHER KARMA MOBILITY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF KARMA MOBILITY OR ITS AFFILIATES EXCEED THE AMOUNT RECEIVED FROM YOU, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH THE CAUSE OF ACTION IS BROUGHT. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS WHICH MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED.
Important health information and safety precautions
When using this product, the safety precautions in this document must be taken to avoid possible legal liabilities and damages. Retain and follow all product safety and operating instructions. Observe all warnings in these operating instructions. To reduce the risk of bodily injury, electric shock, fire and damage to the equipment, observe the following precautions.
This product is intended for use when supplied with power from the designated battery. Other usage may be dangerous and will invalidate any approval given to this product.
Safety precautions for proper grounding installation
Connecting to improperly grounded equipment can result in an electric shock to your device. This product is equipped with a USB Cable for connecting with desktop or notebook computer. Be sure your computer is properly grounded (earthed) before connecting this product to the computer. The power supply cord of a desktop or notebook computer has an equipment grounding conductor and a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet which is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
Safety precautions for power supply unit
Use the correct external power source. This product should be operated only with the following designated power supply unit.
Input: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.15 A Output: 5 V, 1000 mA
Handle battery packs carefully
This product contains a Lithium-ion battery. There is a risk of fire and burns if the battery pack is handled improperly. Do not attempt to open or service the battery pack. Do not disassemble, crush, puncture, short external contacts or circuits, dispose of in fire or water, or expose a battery pack to temperatures higher than 122°F (50°C). Recycle or dispose of batteries according to the local regulations.
Take extra precautions
- Keep the battery and device dry and away from water or any liquid as it may cause a short circuit.
- Keep metal objects away so they don’t come in contact with the battery or its connectors as it may lead to short circuit during operation.
- The device should only be connected to products that bear the USB-IF logo or have completed the USB-IF compliance program.
- Always keep the battery out of the reach of babies and small children, to avoid swallowing of the battery. Consult the doctor immediately if the battery is swallowed.
- Only use the battery with a charging system that has been quali ed with the system per this standard, IEEE-Std-172 5-2006. Use of an unquali ed battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage or other hazard.
- Avoid dropping the device or battery. If the device or battery is dropped, especially on a hard surface, and the user suspects damage, take it to a service center for inspection.
- If the battery leaks: Do not allow the leaking fluid to come in contact with skin or clothing. If already in contact, flush the affected area immediately with clean water and seek medical advice.
- Do not allow the leaking fluid to come in contact with eyes. If already in contact, DO NOT rub; rinse with clean water immediately and seek medical advice.
- Take extra precautions to keep a leaking battery away from fire as there is a danger of ignition or explosion.
Safety precautions for direct sunlight
Keep this product away from excessive moisture and extreme temperatures. Do not leave the product or its battery inside a vehicle or in places where the temperature may exceed 122°F (50°C), such as on a car dashboard, window sill, or behind a glass that is exposed to direct sunlight or strong ultraviolet light for extended periods of time. This may damage the product, overheat the battery, or pose a risk to the vehicle.
Do not use this product in gas stations, fuel depots, chemical plants or where blasting operations are in progress, or in potentially explosive atmospheres such as fuelling areas, fuel storehouses, below deck on boats, chemical plants, fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, and areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain, dust, or metal powders. Please be aware that sparks in such areas could cause an explosion or fire resulting in bodily injury or even death.
When in any area with a potentially explosive atmosphere or where flammable materials exist, the product should be turned off and the user should obey all signs and instructions. Sparks in such areas could cause an explosion or fire resulting in bodily injury or even death. Users are advised not to use the equipment at refueling points such as service or gas stations, and are reminded of the need to observe restrictions on the use of radio equipment in fuel depots, chemical plants, or where blasting operations are in progress. Areas with a potentially explosive atmosphere are often, but not always, clearly marked. These include fueling areas, below deck on boats, fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, and areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain, dust, or metal powders.
Full attention must be given to driving at all times in order to reduce the risk of an accident. Using this device while driving causes distraction and can lead to an accident. You must comply with local laws and regulations restricting the use of wireless devices while driving.
Safety precautions for RF exposure
- Avoid using your device near metal structures (for example, the steel frame of a building).
- Avoid using your device near strong electromagnetic sources, such as microwave ovens, sound speakers, TV and radio.
- Use only original manufacturer- approved accessories, or accessories that do not contain any metal.
- Use of non-original manufacturer- approved accessories may violate your local RF exposure guidelines and should be avoided.
Interference with medical equipment
This product may cause medical equipment to malfunction. The use of this device is forbidden in most hospitals and medical clinics. If you use any other personal medical device, consult the manufacturer of your device to determine if they are adequately shielded from external RF energy. Your physician may be able to assist you in obtaining this information. Turn your device OFF in health care facilities when any regulations posted in these areas instruct you to do so. Hospitals or health care facilities may be using equipment that could be sensitive to external RF energy.
Your device has an internal antenna. This product should be operated in its normal-use position to ensure the radiative performance and safety of the interference. As with other mobile radio transmitting equipment, users are advised that for satisfactory operation of the equipment and for the safety of personnel, it is recommended that no part of the human body be allowed to come too close to the antenna during operation of the equipment. Use only the supplied integral antenna. Use of unauthorized or modi ed antennas may impair signal quality and damage the device, causing loss of performance and SAR levels exceeding the recommended limits as well as result in non-compliance with local regulatory requirements in your country. To assure optimal device performance and ensure human exposure to RF energy is within the guidelines set forth in the relevant standards, always use your device only in its normal-use position. Contact with the antenna area may impair signal quality and cause your device to operate at a higher power level than needed. Avoiding contact with the antenna area when the device is IN USE optimizes the antenna performance and the battery life.
- Use only approved accessories.
- Do not connect with incompatible products or accessories.
- Take care not to touch or allow metal objects, such as coins or key rings, to contact or short circuit the battery terminals.
Connection to a car
Seek professional advice when connecting a device’s interface to the vehicle electrical system.
Faulty and damaged products
- Do not attempt to disassemble the device or its accessory.
- Only quali ed personnel must service or repair the device or its accessory.
You alone are responsible for how you use your device and any consequences of its use. You must always switch off your device wherever the use of a device is prohibited. Use of your device is subject to safety measures designed to protect users and their environment.
Do not apply excessive pressure on the device and remove the device from your pants’ pocket before sitting down. It is also recommended that you store the device in a protective case.
Device getting warm
When using your device for prolonged periods of time, such as when connecting multiple devices or charging the battery, the device may become warm. In most cases, this condition is normal and therefore should not be interpreted as a problem with the device.
Heed service markings
Do not service the product yourself. Service needed on components inside the device should be done by an authorized service technician or provider.
Protect your device
- Always treat your device and its accessories with care and keep them in a clean and dust-free place.
- Do not expose your device or its accessories to open flames or lit tobacco products.
- Do not expose your device or its accessories to liquid, moisture or high humidity.
- Do not drop, throw or try to bend your device or its accessories.
- Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or aerosols to clean the device or its accessories.
- Do not paint your device or its accessories.
- Do not attempt to disassemble your device or its accessories, only authorized personnel must do so.
- Do not expose your device or its accessories to extreme temperatures, minimum -4°F (-20°C) and maximum 122°F (50°C).
- Please check local regulations for disposal of electronic products.
- Do not carry your device in your back pocket as it could break when you sit down.
Damage requiring service
Unplug the product from the electrical outlet and refer servicing to an authorized service technician or provider under the following conditions:
- Liquid has been spilled into the product.
- The product has been exposed to rain or water.
- The product has been dropped or damaged.
- There are noticeable signs of overheating.
- The product does not operate normally when you follow the operating instructions.
Avoid hot areas
The product should be placed away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including ampli ers) that produce heat.
Avoid wet areas
Never use the product in a wet location.
Avoid using your device after a dramatic change in temperature
When you move your device between environments with very different temperature and/or humidity ranges, condensation may form on or within the device. To avoid damaging the device, allow suf cient time for the moisture to evaporate before using the device.
NOTICE When taking the device from low-temperature conditions into a warmer environment or from high-temperature conditions into a cooler environment, allow the device to acclimate to room temperature before turning on power.
Do not place a device in the area over an air bag or in the air bag deployment area. Store the device safely before driving your vehicle.
Use product with approved equipment
This product should be used only with personal computers and devices identified as suitable for use with your equipment.
Unplug the product from the wall outlet before cleaning
Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
Do not leave your device and its accessories within the reach of small children or allow them to play with it. They could hurt themselves or others, or could accidentally damage the device. Your device contains small parts with sharp edges that may cause an injury or which could become detached and create a choking hazard.
This device, like any wireless device, operates using radio signals, which cannot guarantee connection in all conditions. Therefore, you must never rely solely on any wireless device for emergency communications.